The In-App Purchasing (IAP) API makes it easy for you to offer digital content and subscriptions for purchase within your app, such as in-game currency, expansion packs, upgrades, magazine issues, consumables, and more. You can quickly be up and running, ready to give millions of Amazon customers the ability to purchase engaging digital content using Amazon 1-Click settings.
In-App Purchasing handles the details of purchase flow, payment processing, receipts, and rights management for the purchasable content. With unique receipt identifiers, the IAP API enables you to easily ensure that customers receive purchased in-app items quickly, as well as track transactions and fulfillment.
Implement the In-App Purchasing API to do the following:
• Create a "freemium" model for your app, where the app itself is free but you charge a premium for advanced services or functionality.
• Allow customers to purchase in-app currency directly within your app experience.
• Allow customers to subscribe to content available within your app.
• Make additional content available for purchase directly from your app.
• Provide a better customer experience by understanding and tracking customer purchases, cancellations, and transaction details.