Build native apps for multiple platforms on a shared C# codebase. Use the same IDE, language, and APIs everywhere.
• Native UI, native API access, and native performance
• Anything you can do in Objective-C, Swift, or Java you can do in C# with Xamarin
• Ship cutting-edge apps with same-day support for new OS releases
Xamarin apps look and feel native because they are.
★ Native User Interfaces
Xamarin apps are built with standard, native user interface controls. Apps not only look the way the end user expects, they behave that way too.
★ Native API Access
Xamarin apps have access to the full spectrum of functionality exposed by the underlying platform and device, including platform-specific capabilities like iBeacons and Android Fragments.
★ Native Performance
Xamarin apps leverage platform-specific hardware acceleration, and are compiled for native performance. This can’t be achieved with solutions that interpret code at runtime.
Share code everywhere - Use the same language, APIs and data structures to share an average of 75% of app code across all mobile development platforms. Build user interfaces with Xamarin.Forms and share nearly 100%.
★ Shared Projects
Add any file to a Shared Project and it’s automatically included on all platforms. Share code, images, and any other media across iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
★ Portable Class Libraries
Use popular Portable Class Libraries (PCLs) like SQLite, Json.NET, or ReactiveUI on every platform. Build your own app logic as a PCL and use it everywhere.
Xamarin.Forms allows you to build native user interfaces for iOS, Android and Windows Phone using 100% shared C#. Xamarin.Forms includes more than 40 controls and layouts, which are mapped to native controls at runtime.
♥ Xamarin.iOS - The best way to build native iOS apps.
• Ship native app bundles on the App Store. Our Ahead-of-Time (AOT) compiler compiles Xamarin.iOS apps directly to native ARM assembly code, meaning your app is a native platform binary.
• Access any iOS API. We bring 100% of Apple’s iOS SDK to C#, enhancing Objective-C APIs with stronger types and .NET naming conventions so you feel right at home.
• Call existing Objective-C code from C#. Use your existing Objective-C code, frameworks, and custom controls in your Xamarin app using our automatic binding generator.
• Build WatchKit apps. Use Xamarin Studio or Visual Studio to build new Watch Apps, edit Watch user interfaces in the iOS Designer, and debug Watch apps in the iOS Simulator.
• Stay up-to-date with Apple. We released same-day support for iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, and iOS 8 so your apps can take advantage of the latest iOS features as soon as possible.
♥ Xamarin.Android - The best way to build native Android apps.
• Ship native Android packages. Xamarin.Android uses just-in-time compilation for sophisticated runtime optimization of your app’s performance, meaning your app is a native Android APK.
• Access any Android API, including new form factors. We bring 100% of Google’s Android APIs to C#, enhancing Java APIs with async support and .NET naming conventions so you feel right at home.
• Call existing Java code from C#. Use your existing Java code, frameworks, and custom controls in your Xamarin app using our automatic binding generator.
• Build Android Wear apps. With access to 100% API support for Android Wear, create full-featured applications capable of running on Android Wear devices.
• Stay up-to-date with Android. Xamarin stays up-to-date with the most current APIs from Google, so you can always use the latest features in your apps.